Leather Shot Bags & Accouterments for the French & Indian War.

Leather Shot Bags & Accouterments for the French & Indian War.
Welcome to my Blog! My name is Darrel Lang and I specialize in the Replication of Leather shot bags & Accouterments made in the colonies by the harness and saddle maker of the18th century. All items are hand sewn using waxed linen thread, dyed, then treated with neatsfoot oil & bee’s wax. The leather used is of veg. tanned cow hide 2-3 or 4-5 oz. weight. Other materials used are pig skin, period correct linens for the 18th century and iron or brass buckles. Please take a look at what I have to offer. Thank you!

May 25, 2018

Turkey Hunting


I spent the last day and half turkey hunting. I had birds roosted both morning only to have them fly down and head off with there hens in the other direction. As I left the woods yesterday and turned out the gate and drove up the lane, there stood three tom's in the neighbors bean field. All three ran across the lane in front of me into the corn field. I gave out a yelp with my mouth and stopped all three in there tracks. They stood there looking at me and I think they gave me the bird, before they ran on across the field to the woods I had just left.
I continued up the lane and there under the shade of the big old section oak stood a big tom with four hens. They too ran across in front of me and off to the woods I just left. I sat there thinking Mother Nature sure has as a weird sense of humor! As I started to drive away, I thought, I will be back and maybe I will be hiding in the grass at the base of the old oak tree in the shade with a surprise of my own.