Leather Shot Bags & Accouterments for the French & Indian War.

Leather Shot Bags & Accouterments for the French & Indian War.
Welcome to my Blog! My name is Darrel Lang and I specialize in the Replication of Leather shot bags & Accouterments made in the colonies by the harness and saddle maker of the18th century. All items are hand sewn using waxed linen thread, dyed, then treated with neatsfoot oil & bee’s wax. The leather used is of veg. tanned cow hide 2-3 or 4-5 oz. weight. Other materials used are pig skin, period correct linens for the 18th century and iron or brass buckles. Please take a look at what I have to offer. Thank you!

June 2, 2014

Large Order Finished

I met up with a gentlemen at Prickets fort and he gave me three axes and three knives in which he wanted sheath made for them.

So for the axes, I made up the two to be carried on the right side under the shot bag. The third a small tomahawk I made up a separate blade cover so that the ax can be carried tucked in ones belt or sash, or carried over on shoulder, either right or left side. All three have a Iron buckles to make the straps  adjustable.

As for the knives, I tried to make up simple sheaths that fit the style of knife.
Long Hunter, Cross draw
Trade Knife, Simple belt sheath
Dagger, Little Native influance

No comments: