Leather Shot Bags & Accouterments for the French & Indian War.

Leather Shot Bags & Accouterments for the French & Indian War.
Welcome to my Blog! My name is Darrel Lang and I specialize in the Replication of Leather shot bags & Accouterments made in the colonies by the harness and saddle maker of the18th century. All items are hand sewn using waxed linen thread, dyed, then treated with neatsfoot oil & bee’s wax. The leather used is of veg. tanned cow hide 2-3 or 4-5 oz. weight. Other materials used are pig skin, period correct linens for the 18th century and iron or brass buckles. Please take a look at what I have to offer. Thank you!

October 4, 2013

Time to go

The time has come, early tomorrow morning, the family and I are heading north where my son and I will try our luck at hunting Michigan black bear. In Michigan you can hunt with hounds or over bait, we will be hunting over bait. I traveled north a few weeks back and set out some bait and our stands, now time will tell.

I will be hunting in period 18th century fashion, wearing clothing of the 1760 and using my 75 cal. British fowler.
I had taken it out a few days back to work on my load and shot placement.
The last shot of the afternoon was a penetration shot take at a piece of 10ga. steel. At 25 yards you can see the fowler packs a pretty good punch. The ball flatten out pretty good and dented the steel plate out one inch. Pretty darn impressive!

No comments: