Leather Shot Bags & Accouterments for the French & Indian War.

Leather Shot Bags & Accouterments for the French & Indian War.
Welcome to my Blog! My name is Darrel Lang and I specialize in the Replication of Leather shot bags & Accouterments made in the colonies by the harness and saddle maker of the18th century. All items are hand sewn using waxed linen thread, dyed, then treated with neatsfoot oil & bee’s wax. The leather used is of veg. tanned cow hide 2-3 or 4-5 oz. weight. Other materials used are pig skin, period correct linens for the 18th century and iron or brass buckles. Please take a look at what I have to offer. Thank you!

January 30, 2014

Leather Tumpline

It has been awhile since I have made one but, I had a request to make one up. This one is made up from 4oz. veg tanned leather, the strap is 2" wide and 30" long. The ends are finished off with a wooden dowel sewn in for added strength. The tails are hand braided from jute and are treated with some bee's wax. The larger of the two tails is made long and can be adjusted to however long it needs to be to fit your bed roll.

 

No comments: