Leather Shot Bags & Accouterments for the French & Indian War.

Leather Shot Bags & Accouterments for the French & Indian War.
Welcome to my Blog! My name is Darrel Lang and I specialize in the Replication of Leather shot bags & Accouterments made in the colonies by the harness and saddle maker of the18th century. All items are hand sewn using waxed linen thread, dyed, then treated with neatsfoot oil & bee’s wax. The leather used is of veg. tanned cow hide 2-3 or 4-5 oz. weight. Other materials used are pig skin, period correct linens for the 18th century and iron or brass buckles. Please take a look at what I have to offer. Thank you!

May 29, 2024

Martin’s Station 2024

I had a great time at Martin’s Station in spite of the weather for the first day of five that I would spend there. The staff did another outstanding job! Hats off to them! 

They had a lot of different activities and presentations given by different speakers throughout the three day weekend. I had a very enjoyable time just relaxing and taking in all the sights and sounds that make the Station so special. The view, the sound of nature itself, and all of the different activities going on throughout the day and well into the evening. It was good to see friends and to have made some new ones. Thanks also to my good friend Sam, who kept me company at the event and on the long drive. Also to help me eat all of the good food we had while there.

Already I’m looking forward to next year’s event.













No comments: