Leather Shot Bags & Accouterments for the French & Indian War.

Leather Shot Bags & Accouterments for the French & Indian War.
Welcome to my Blog! My name is Darrel Lang and I specialize in the Replication of Leather shot bags & Accouterments made in the colonies by the harness and saddle maker of the18th century. All items are hand sewn using waxed linen thread, dyed, then treated with neatsfoot oil & bee’s wax. The leather used is of veg. tanned cow hide 2-3 or 4-5 oz. weight. Other materials used are pig skin, period correct linens for the 18th century and iron or brass buckles. Please take a look at what I have to offer. Thank you!

December 18, 2020

My Brother

 This past Wednesday my older brother Duane pass away due to medical issues.
I will miss him, he was the one who taught me how to enjoy and respect the outdoors.
He was a avid hunter and fisherman, and he had a passion for pheasant hunting that never died. He grew up going with dad and his older brother to the thumb of Michigan on October 20 for opening day of the season, which happened to be his birthday. He loved his dogs, raising and train three of the best bird dogs around. When ever he would reminisce about those days you could see the passion in his eyes and a smile return to his face.

Now he is in a better place, walking the fields of god with his old 12ga. Lafever and saying get ready dad, there on point again!
Thank you Brother for all that you did for me.  
Rest In Peace!




No comments: