Leather Shot Bags & Accouterments for the French & Indian War.

Leather Shot Bags & Accouterments for the French & Indian War.
Welcome to my Blog! My name is Darrel Lang and I specialize in the Replication of Leather shot bags & Accouterments made in the colonies by the harness and saddle maker of the18th century. All items are hand sewn using waxed linen thread, dyed, then treated with neatsfoot oil & bee’s wax. The leather used is of veg. tanned cow hide 2-3 or 4-5 oz. weight. Other materials used are pig skin, period correct linens for the 18th century and iron or brass buckles. Please take a look at what I have to offer. Thank you!

January 10, 2013

Starting out the New Year!


 I would like to start out the New Year by showing some of my wife's
talent. My friend Jim gave me a used ladder back chair, the seat need to be replaced. This was a challenge that my wife was up for. She went on-line and researched how to redo the rush seating on the chair. After reviewing a few You-tube videos she was ready. First she needed the rush, which luck would have it, she found two large boxes of paper rush at an estate sale for $4.00
So one afternoon during the Holidays with I-pad in hand she went to work and after five hours this was the finished product. She did a great job! Now part of the deal was I was given the chair in exchange that she also redo Jim's chair. 



The foot stool in this photo Gail also redone, she picked it up at the same estate sale.




No comments: