Leather Shot Bags & Accouterments for the French & Indian War.

Leather Shot Bags & Accouterments for the French & Indian War.
Welcome to my Blog! My name is Darrel Lang and I specialize in the Replication of Leather shot bags & Accouterments made in the colonies by the harness and saddle maker of the18th century. All items are hand sewn using waxed linen thread, dyed, then treated with neatsfoot oil & bee’s wax. The leather used is of veg. tanned cow hide 2-3 or 4-5 oz. weight. Other materials used are pig skin, period correct linens for the 18th century and iron or brass buckles. Please take a look at what I have to offer. Thank you!

April 14, 2012

My "Man Cave"

Finally, the wife and I have an empty nest, the last of our three sons has move out to start a family of his own. So I have taken over the bedroom that we had built in our basement a long time ago. I remove the closet to make it in to a room of 11x13 large enough for a small den. I now have a place to display and enjoy the things that I like to do. The buck was taken with a bow, and the two bear were both taken with a flintlock musket.The turkey tail fan & beard from my first bird, taken such a long time ago. They now have a place to be in which I can sit and remember the hunts from the past and dream of the ones yet to come.

No comments: